Savour the golden warmth of a Yellow Oyster mushroom risotto, where creamy richness meets nutty perfection for a truly indulgent dining experience!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
200g Yellow Oyster mushrooms, sliced
200g uncooked Arborio rice
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1L vegetable/chicken broth
120ml dry white wine (optional)
125g parmesan cheese, grated
30ml olive oil
1: In a large skillet or saucepan, heat 30ml of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add 1 small chopped onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic, and sauté until they become soft and translucent.
2: Add 200g of uncooked Arborio rice and stir for a couple of minutes until it's well-coated and slightly translucent at the edges.
3. If using, pour in 120ml of dry white wine and stir until it's mostly absorbed.
4. Begin adding 1L of warm vegetable/chicken broth, one ladle at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until the liquid is mostly absorbed before adding more. Continue this process until the rice is creamy and al dente.
5. While preparing the risotto, in a separate pan, sauté 200g of Yellow Oyster mushrooms in the remaining butter until they are tender and lightly browned.
6. Fold the sautéed Yellow Oyster mushrooms into the risotto.
7. Stir in 125g of grated Parmesan cheese, season with salt and black pepper to taste and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe! If you have any wonderful mushroom recipes, make sure to share them with us!